The Milwaukee County Department of Family Care is committed to working together with members, families, advocates, friends and others in a sprit that:
- Promotes respect and dignity
- Supports choices of our members
- Informs members about the benefits of their choices
- Promotes member participation
- Uses cost-effective methods and
- Works within government policies and regulations.
Our values guide the development of our mission and work with our members. We will always put the best interest of our members at the center of decision making.
Our Values include:
- Care that embraces the whole person. We are committed to providing quality care for body, mind and spirit and to preserving quality of life for our members.
- Dignity — We respect the dignity and personal choices of each member.
- Collaboration — We believe in teamwork that includes our members, their families/support systems and other organizations.
- Justice — We believe that all members must receive fair treatment that is free from discrimination.
- Stewardship — We have concern for the careful use of our resources and we value public opinion.
- Quality — We will strive to provide the best care for our members.
- Cultural Competence — We honor the cultural values of our members.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The Managed Care Organization of the Milwaukee County Department of Family Care respects the dignity and personal autonomy of each Member by honoring choice and promoting the Member’s continued participation in the life of their community, by providing a continuum of high quality cost-effective long-term care services to Members and by supporting their families and caregivers.